Thursday, January 26, 2006

An unforgettable Day

I miss you all in India a lot. I find myself getting nostalgic all the time. I got reminded of one such wonderful day in my life and wanted to share it with u all.

Now this happened when I was seven. It was a sunny winter morning, and as usual I was getting ready for school. Just then somebody from the other side of the wall called out loud, that dad got a phone call. Nobody nearby had a phone during those days, and I don't know how somebody called for us at the nearby post office and how the news of the mysterious phone call reached us.

My dad left immediately to get the message. He came back in a few minutes and told me the sweetest thing ever. "Neeku thammudu puttadu". Now I was so happy and excited, I immediately saw me and by brother playing cricket and all, I never realized he was seven years younger to me, and it could be some time before this could happen. I did go to school that day and told my friends and was on cloud nine all the time.

We reached Kothagudem, that weekend and went to the hospital where my mom was. I can never forget this day in my life. I walked slowly towards the bed, where I saw the most beautiful thing in the entire world, My Brother. So pink and small, sleeping peacefully and calmly with a smile on is face. Only when I saw him did I realize that he was a very small thing. I placed my finger in his palm and he instantly clung to it.

I remember somany things about you my brother. You were so small that you slipped and was about to fall in a small water tank. You were so fragile that you hit you head to the window and I cried as if I got hit. You were such a cunning rogue that you had a reason for everything. I remember the day when I stood crying in the bus stand when mom was taking you off to KGM. I remember when I used to dress you up when mom was in Vizag. I remember how you squealed your speech on independence day, in Sr.Kg. I remember how you used to ride to school on my bike. I remember how you used to fall asleep listening to stories lieing on me. I remember how you started crying when I scared you.

I miss you ra.

1 comment:

Srikanth said...

miss u too annaya....
i never expressed my feelings... but i love you a lot.
i remember myself excited with your surprise visit to vizag on my birthday and crying when you are leaving...

chaala saarlu hurt chesa. plz forgive me.
missing you a lot.