Sunday, January 22, 2006

Cruel Inentions III

I was may be ten when this happened. We had a huge compound, with many coconut trees, a big mango tree and a small There were rows of beautiful flower plants on the two sides of the pavement to our house. Those were delicate plants bearing small cute flowers in many colors.

One evening I was all by myself in my house strollin in our compound enjoying the breeze. I had a long stick which I was swinging and playing happily. I happened to hit one of the flower plants. I decapitated it in one blow, the plant just fell down at that unexpected move. I wasn't even thinking about it, I was just thrilled with it. How powerful am I, I just killed something in one blow. Wow. Wicked. I continued, no one to stop me. Finally after the devilish fury, I looked back at the sorry sight. It was nothing short of a blood soaken battle ground after war. I stood and gazed at those plants helpless, some with broken branches some completely swept of the ground. They were demanding an explanation... Enquiring why I was so cruel. I stood there, with tears in my eyes thinking about what I did. I stood there ashamed at my action. I stood there as a murderer.

I can never forget that day. Never. I promised myself never to be cruel again. I feel bad everything we humans are cruel. I cannot understand so many things in this world. I cannot understand, how people can die to kill 30 others in a suicide bombing, how you can drive an aircraft straight into a building killing thousands. Who gave you the right to do that? Which religion asked you to do that? Iam not backing the U.S., I know it is suffering for what it did earlier. But why should innocent people suffer? Why should somebody jump out of a 100 storey building, because he couldn't bear the pain of burns. The picture is one of those which will remain ever, in my nightmares.

We should do something. We have a moral responsibility. We should stop these people. We should change things around. We should change our attitudes. We should at the least make this world livable for our future generations.

Its high time people.

1 comment:

.C said...

The fact that you remember an incident that happened at your age of 10 is exemplary of the fact that you can think purely. I wish the world can do at least a considerable fraction of the same.