Thursday, March 23, 2006

Cruise Control

Just was another busy, tiresome day at work. Was getting back from work listening to Mukesh melodiously sing jeena yahan marna yahan. I smiled at myself and how fittingly the song described my monotonous routine.

Squeezing through the bumper to bumper traffic, I wished I was in my couch watching TV. But immediately I corrected myself, no not TV may be in a good restaurant? Having thought of another hundred possibilities, I looked at the lady in the car next to me. What must she be thinking? Where does she want to be right now? Then the analogy struck.

Road defines life so wholesomely. We might be driving in a Ferrari, while a guy in an old Cadillac may overtake you just because at that moment he is in the right lane. The Ferrari can be looked at, in two ways, you may be having potential but not a chance to prove yourself or Ferrari just describes your ego, stopping you from realizing the old car's potential. Both are bad.

We should also realize that cruising ahead is not the soul goal. Reaching home safe is the foremost goal. Its a long road, life with twists and turns, smooth and rough, angry and friendly drivers, all with the soul goal of cruising ahead faster than everybody else.

Sometimes when everything is fine and you are cruising ahead, you may have a flat tyre. And definitely with life we will have a few flat tyres. God creates an occasional speed braker just to make us realize how fast we are going and that we should slow down or look at the more meaner side, may be to slow down other cruisers and put you in the same league again. Remember one thing. Delay is not defeat.

Now the real mess, your co passengers. Some asking you to step on the accelerator, some pleading you to slow down, and some who don't care, some at their irritating best, some longing for your attention and some wanting to stay away from it. Now you really want to go home fast don't you? But be in control my friends. You are the driver, not them.

My Dad says this all the time, stop - look and then proceed. Its one line that can define one's life. But I also want to add, never look back and feel bad at what you did already, just think before you proceed.

I love writing blogs, just because these are all things I want to remember all my life. This is just my way of waging a war against the overwhelming life ahead. Some of you were concerned what's happening with me and if I was alright. Friends I am doing fine, to be frank just great. These blogs are just a medium of realizing myself and in the process expressing the same to you.

I like to thank you all for taking a ride in my car.

1 comment:

.C said...

First, thanks for the ride, bro! I always loved it, and will continue to do so. And, you're welcome anytime to my ride too! :-) (Well, I do have a license in life, you know.)

There's a lot to write, but I'd only say one thing here at this time - the life-road analogy is correct, maybe, only when you see life as something as imposing as the road! Rules are set by someone else on the road, remember, unlike most of life. More later... good posts, and well, to be frank, I am happy to see the blogging you - I am seeing a new person in my brother! Keep it up!